Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Showing the Boy

Tonight, I showed the boy the picture I painted.

I asked him if he knew who it was, he replied:

"Um. . .it's not mama. It's [me]!!!! You paint this papa?"

I told him I painted it he seemed pleased. This is all I hoped to come of it. He went on to explain to me that his hair ". . . wasn't that hair," or eyes. I assured him that in art, sometimes we show emotion by changing the original image.

Maybe someday he'll understand. He knows what he likes, and for now, that is good enough.

For me, having a day away was good. I realized while looking at the painting that I need to shorten the whole face between the nose to chin. it's just too long. I plan on fixing it this weekend. I should be exciting. I may even try another style. . . time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment