Monday, January 19, 2009

First Post- First New

Tonight I tried something new with painting.
I painted over my oleander canvas. I liked the painting but thought I could do it better.

I wanted to paint the boy, and I did.

He smiles and lights my world, I have to correctly honor him. The new style I'm trying is very 'modern.' I left some of the paint from the previous painting showing through the canvas. I eliminated all unnecessary details; while still allowing it to look like the boy. But, as seems the trend, I was loose with my brush strokes and let the paint run.

I had control over the run. I would only allow certain colors and used it to subtly enhance the eyes. This may be something I keep, or I may paint another idea I have for this same image over the top. Time will tell.

Critic number one and two still have to weigh-in on what they think.
I will update with an image in the next couple of days.

I value their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment